Thursday, August 30, 2012

Tribute to Andrés



Today UEFA announced Andrés Iniesta as the best player in Europe over the past year. This has shocked much of the football world considering who he had to beat to win the award.

The nominees:


How it was won:

                  Andrés Iniesta is unlike any player I have ever seen. I had the privilege to watch him play in Dallas, TX almost a year ago. My seats were directly behind the goal, and I was able to observe his style from an angle completely different than what we are used to on television. He was incredible. He anticipated everything. Sometimes he will make a pass and I'll think, "What are you doing?" and then his teammate will appear perfectly and make me feel like an idiot for ever doubting his judgement. His ability to see the future on the pitch make him a football prophet.




Imagine what it would take to play on the same team as Lionel Messi and still find ways to have your name written in lights and thundered across the globe time after time. In no way is he in Messi's shadow. I know there is no competition for the spotlight in that locker room, but imagine how hard it is to claim certain titles and awards independent from the man who is the closest thing to football perfection.

Just a few of his astounding accomplishments:

-Won a Major Continental Tournament
-Won the World Cup
-World Cup All-Star Team
-Man of the Match World Cup Final
-Winning goal World Cup Final
-Repeat said Major Continental Tournament
-Man of the Match in Major Continental Final
-MVP of Major Continental Tournament


Interesting to note that Lionel Messi has experienced 0 of the above!




"Es dificil escuchar el silencio, pero yo en este momento escuché el silencio y sabia que ésa balon iba adentro"





Dedicated to Shane Haas, the biggest Iniesta fan you'll ever know, and my all time favorite person to talk to while kicking the ball around.

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, thank you jake. Great post! I like when you are on break from school, gives me something beside HW to do! Lets kick a ball around sometime.

    Shane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great tips and very easy to understand. This will definitely be very useful for me when I get a chance to start my blog. เว็บแทงบอล ที่ดีที่สุด

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think about it is most required for making more on this get engaged เว็บแทงบอล

    ReplyDelete