Thursday, January 19, 2012

First Entry

Yesterday I watched Real Madrid lose to Barcelona again. I had to watch it on ESPN3 replay because it was on live during our road trip home from San Antonio. It took all the self-discipline in me to wait until 9:00 when it would be available for replay, and not check for the score and story lines. I'm glad I waited. 

First things first: I hate Real Madrid (or at least what they have devolved into). I understand and respect who they are historically, the things they have accomplished in Europe and the big names that have worn their kits, but the squad of today is a filthy bunch of whinny babies. Apart from Alonso and Casillas, I don't think I admire any of them. Mourinho is an ego-maniacal tool.
Second things second: Despite my innate complex to avoid band wagons by risking even death, I am falling in love with Barcelona. And why not? They are arguably the greatest side to have ever taken the pitch ever. EVER! I relish in the fact that I get to live during Spanish Football's golden age. Tough luck for RM, they are arguably the greatest side ever for their historic club, but to bad they are incredible when Barcelona decided to be immortal.
Translation for the stereotypical American- Remember back in the 90's when MJ was the overlord of the NBA? We would watch him (as if from another planet) do pretty much whatever he wanted and make his teammates better, and his opponents depressed. The Utah Jazz finally had a great basketball team! (Yay for Utah! You don't have any other sports!) They made the finals more than once, but too bad for them. They, like RM, had to peak the same time Michael Jordan was around. And no, I didn't just compare MJ to Messi. 


Back to the game yesterday.
I will be writing as if you saw the game. This will be a very esoteric blog, sorry for those of you who don't have a clue what I'm about to say. 

Carvalho is a dirtbag. He should have gotten a straight red for the DOGSO he annihilated Lionel with late in the 2nd half. Not to mention when he upended Thiago in stoppage time. 
Coentrao is a jealous punk. He took Messi out with an uncalled foul, and then rather than helping him up, or even just walking away, he shoves his head like I do to my kid brother. 
Pepe's face reminds me of a piranha with trisomy-21 and plays about as well as one too. I don't want to give this worthless bum any more of my words.



Mourinho- Well based on my opinion of his players you can imagine how I feel about this guy. I'm sure we will talk more about he and CR7 another time, I just wanted to show you how the worst of RM's scumbags come from the same place. His reaction to the above video.


RM found a temporary answer for Barca by going into the half up 1-0, but they forgot about my favorite player of the 22 playing- Carles Puyol. He used to play bass and do backup vocals for Whitesnake.


I read yesterday that he met the dalai lama in 07 and is way into yoga and buddhism. I still get chills when I see his goal vs Germany in the WC semi's in South Africa. Wasn't that in the 80 something-th minute too? He single-"headedly" punched Spain's ticket to the final.


 After Carles scored, RM looked a 15 year old girl who got jealous when her younger prettier sister stole away the boyfriend.


"You invited Eric?......I thought Eric gave you the creeps?......" That's right, Eric Abidal was the end difference maker. Messi sensed his run with his omniscient eye and lofted a perfectly weighted ball to the French fry's chest as he timed his run perfectly.  


It was great to see Ramos pee his pants complaining to the AR. What are RM's options going into the second leg next week AT Camp Nou? I mean, even Barca's defenders can beat them! More on the Spanish Saga later. Here are the highlights

No comments:

Post a Comment